This article will go through How to enable logging in the ScreenCloud Player App and where to find the log files to send to our support team regarding your Windows OS Player.
The ScreenCloud Player app has a built-in system for logging events. When working to solve issues with our support team, sending us the log file created by this system can be very useful for us and help us solve your issues quicker and more conveniently.
Table of Contents:
1. Enable the logging feature
To enable the logging feature in the ScreenCloud Player app for Windows do the following:
- While the app is running, right-click on the screen and choose "Toggle Setting Menu".
- In the setting menu, you will then need to click on the Version number 10 times to enable developer mode. The number you need to click on should look something like 2.7.6 or whichever number version of the app you are using. Specifically, click on the number and not any other text. Once you do this you will see a message stating "You're a developer now" and there will be more options in the settings.
- From the new options that appear, enable "Write log to file".
2. Locate the log file
The log file that is created is located in your Windows system files. To locate it, do the following:
- Open Windows Explorer. Before doing anything you'll need to enable "Hidden items". Click on the "View" menu and enable "Hidden items" in the "show/hide" section.
- Next, go to C:/Users/YourUserName/AppData/Roaming/ScreenCloud Player and find the "log.log" file.
You will then want to send this file to our support team to assist with issue solving.
If you have any additional questions on how to enable logging in the ScreenCloud player app and where to find the log files for your Windows OS Player, or any other questions or feedback about ScreenCloud, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at our toll-free support line at +18885575335.