This article will go through how to set up booting the ScreenCloud app automatically at launch and daily restarts on an Amazon Fire TV Stick device.
Table of contents:
- Why should I set up autoboot and daily restarts?
- How to set up boot at launch and daily restarts
- Automatic updates on your Amazon device
Why should I set up boot at launch and daily restarts?
We recommend setting up the boot at launch and daily restart features for the ScreenCloud player app on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. The auto-start feature will automatically boot the ScreenCloud app in the event that the device crashes or restarts from time-to-time, this is beneficial for ensuring that your digital signage content will always continue to play when intermittent device disturbances occur.
The daily reboot feature allows you to select the desired time each day for the ScreenCloud app to automatically restart and reboot. This is recommended as it allows for the app to undergo a fresh restart to help the app perform more optimally and stable. Any device and/or app running consistently for extended periods of time, not secluded to just digital signage, can come across crashes or app issues on occasion. These features can help your Amazon Fire TV Stick device perform best for digital signage.
How to set up boot at launch and daily restarts
To set either of these features up, please refer to the following instructions:
- Visit the ScreenCloud App on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, click it to open the app.
- While viewing the app, click on the "Settings" (Three horizontal lines) button on your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote to open the ScreenCloud app menu.
Example of Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote
- Navigate to "Daily Reboot", and switch this on. Then, select "Time to Restart". Choose your desired time.
- Navigate to "Start at boot", and switch this on.
Automatic updates on your Amazon Device
You can set up automatic updates to be switched on to ensure your Amazon device automatically update apps in the background, keeping your device on the latest version. This is often turned on by default, so it's likely that you won’t have to change the option manually, but it’s worth double-checking this to ensure the setting is switched on.
- On your Fire TV device, go to the home menu.
- On the menu items at the top of the screen, scroll to the right and choose "Settings".
- Scroll right and select "Applications" and then "Appstore".
- Go to "Automatic Updates" and make sure it is set to "ON".
- Exit the settings menu.
- Reboot your Fire TV device and after this, your apps will automatically update.
If you have any additional questions on how to set up boot at launch and daily restarts for your Amazon Fire TV Stick, or any other questions or feedback about ScreenCloud, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at our toll-free support line at +18885575335.