This article will go through how to set up booting the ScreenCloud app automatically at launch and daily restarts on an Android TV media player, where we've selected a Xiaomi Mi Box S as our example.
Table of contents:
- Why should I set up boot Start at boot and Daily restart?
- How to set up Start at boot and Daily restart
Why should I set up boot Start at boot and Daily restart?
We recommend setting up the boot at launch (or start at boot) and daily restart features for the ScreenCloud player app on your Android TV media player. The auto-start feature will automatically boot the ScreenCloud app in the event that the device crashes or restarts from time-to-time, this is beneficial for ensuring that your digital signage content will always continue to play when intermittent device disturbances occur.
The daily restart feature allows you to select the desired time each day for the ScreenCloud app to automatically restart and reboot. This is recommended as it allows for the app to undergo a fresh restart to help the app perform more optimally and stable. Any device and/or app running consistently for extended periods of time, not secluded to just digital signage, can come across crashes or app issues on occasion. These features can help your Android TV device perform best for digital signage.
How to set up Start at boot and Daily restart
To set either of these features up, please refer to the following instructions:
- Visit the ScreenCloud Player app on your Android TV device, and click it to open the app.
- While viewing the app, click on the select button (center circle on the D-pad) on your Android TV remote to open the ScreenCloud app menu.
Example of Xiaomi Mi Box S Remote
- Navigate to "Daily restart", toggle it on, and choose your desired time for the "Time to restart".
- Navigate to "Start at boot", and switch this on.
If you have any additional questions on how to set up boot at launch and daily restarts for your Android TV device, or any other questions or feedback about ScreenCloud, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or give us a call at our toll-free support line at +18885575335.