This article will instruct you on how to set up Google 2-Step Verification (or 2FA) for your ScreenCloud Dashboards.
On every Dashboard, your encrypted credentials are stored securely in the cloud and not on any local devices, allowing you to securely display dashboards.
If your organization uses Google Authenticator to login to your required Dashboard, then you'll require an Account name and Secret Key from Google to input during your Dashboard configuration.
Table of Contents:
- How to obtain your encrypted credentials from Google
- How to set up your dashboard with Google 2-Step Verification and Google Authenticator
How to obtain your secret key credentials from Google
1.1. Here is a video on how to obtain those credentials from Google:
- Login to your account at Google.com.
Please note: we recommend that you use service account and not a personal gmail account, as this may already be setup with Google prompts, which asks for verification via a connected mobile device. If this is already set for the account, it cannot be switched, and you will need to use another account.
- Click your account's profile icon and select 'Manage your Google Account'
- Navigate to the 'Security' tab
- Click '2-step Verification'
- Select 'Authenticator app'
- Click '+ Set up authenticator'
- You will be greeted by a QR code, but because we can't use this and we need a secret code, you will need to click 'can't scan the code'
- This gives you an alphanumeric code, your Secret Key. Copy this code and save it somewhere safe
- Open Google Authenticator app on your mobile or tablet
- Choose a name and set in your secret key
- Choose the 'timebase' option
- Your authentication is now setup, and a 6 digit code will appear
- Set the 6 digit code in your Google account's authenticator setup window
- Click 'Verify'
How to set up your dashboard with Google 2-Step Verification and Google Authenticator
Step 1: Download the Google Authenticator app.
Step 2: Get your Account name and Secret Key from Google. Store those credentials somewhere safe.
Step 3: Add an account in your Google Authenticator app on your mobile phone, and enter your Account name and Secret Key.
Step 4: Go to ScreenCloud and set up your Dashboard as normal.
Step 5: Once you've finished recording your journey, navigate to the Dashboard configuration step where you'll see an error message, indicated below:
Step 6: Enter a credential name and your secret key in the fields below:
Step 7: Click 'Save', and then 'Save and Preview' top right. Wait for the Dashboard to load. Once it loads successfully, the Dashboard is ready to display on your screens.