This article is an overview of general information for managing your password and troubleshooting any login issues with your ScreenCloud account.
Table of contents:
1. Changing or updating your ScreenCloud account password
- You can change or update your ScreenCloud password at any time by visiting your "Account Settings" and clicking on the update password option.
- Once you click on the "Update Password" button, you'll receive an email to the address on file with instructions on how to change your password.
- From your email, you'll be prompted with a link to reset your account password.
- Enter your new password and click "Reset password" to verify the change on your account.
Please note, if you've signed up for your ScreenCloud account using an alternate service such as Google, LinkedIn, or with SSO: you'll have to go through the service used to change or update your password. For example, if you signed up for ScreenCloud account using your Google account then this is the same password you use to access Google. You'll receive a message while trying to reset your password if your account was signed up with using a social provider.
2. Lost or forgot my ScreenCloud password, how can I reset it?
- You can reset your password by clicking on the "Forgot password?" option while trying to sign into your ScreenCloud account.
- Enter a valid email address used to sign into your ScreenCloud account and click "Reset". You'll receive a verification that an email has been sent to your inbox.
- Visit your inbox to reset your password using the link provided.
- Enter your new password and click "Reset password" to verify the change.
Please note, if you've signed up for your ScreenCloud account using an alternate service such as Google, LinkedIn, or with SSO: you'll have to go through the service used to change or update your password. For example, if you signed up for a ScreenCloud account using your Google account then this is the same password you use to access Google. You'll receive a message while trying to reset your password if your account was signed up with using a social provider.
3. Troubleshooting login issues and errors
You can visit this section to troubleshoot common scenarios and errors you may receive while trying to log in or send the user/team invites with ScreenCloud's service. Here are some tips and guides available for resolving or reaching our support team for assistance on login-related issues:
3.1. Log in using the correct portal for your account (Email, Social, or SSO)
As a member of ScreenCloud, you were given the option to either create your account when you signed up either using an email address/password combination, via a social profile or using single-sign-on (SSO).
i) Email address = General login with an email address
If you created your account using the "Sign Up with Email" option, you can only sign into your account using the "Email address" field.
ii) Social provider = login using Google or LinkedIn
If you created your account using the option to sign up using Google or LinkedIn, you can only sign into your account using the Google account you used to sign up for ScreenCloud with. You must click "Login with Google" or "Login with LinkedIn" respectively to access the account.
iii) SSO = single sign-on using auth0
If you created your account using the Single Sign-On (SSO) integration option (https://auth0.com/docs/identityproviders) you'll need to use this method.
You'll receive an error message that the email address is not registered with ScreenCloud in the following scenarios:
- Trying to reset Google, LinkedIn, or SSO credentials through our reset portal
- You do not have an existing ScreenCloud account under the Google, LinkedIn, or SSO account you're logging in under, you will be rerouted back to ScreenCloud with this error
- You do not have an existing ScreenCloud account under the email you submitted
- Your email was not invited as a user/team member to an existing ScreenCloud account
Please note, you can't use both methods to log into your account. If you signed up via email/password, you must sign in using the general login portal. If you signed up via Google, you must sign in using your Google account.
3.2. Receiving an error that the "Email address is already in use" for users and teams invite requests
This error normally can occur if you are trying to accept users and teams account invite by creating a brand new account, instead of clicking "Already have an account". Additionally, this occurs if you're trying to create another account with the same email. You can learn more about how to properly manage using one email to switch between accounts here.
If you try to create an account, this will not work. You must click "Already have an account?" to successfully sign in with your existing credentials to access the account. In addition, make sure to click "Login with Email" or "Login with Google" matching the method you use to log into ScreenCloud.
3.3. ScreenCloud is stuck on spinning wheel or white screen while trying to log in
If you're stuck on a spinning wheel that continues attempting to load your account, or a white screen while trying to use your Google login, we recommend performing the following troubleshoots.
1. Switch to a different web browser: We typically recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as these provide the most powerful and stable experience for ScreenCloud signage. If you are already using either of these browsers, please refer to the next two steps.
2. Refresh your web browser cache: We recommend following the steps to refresh your browser cache by visiting https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/. This should help clear up any glitches you have logging in, or while generally browsing through ScreenCloud and other websites.
3. Clear your web browser cookies: Please note, this will clear stored site data and log you out of websites that you automatically are logged into each time you visit. There is a method to clear cookies just by searching for "ScreenCloud", so you only delete cookies for our website only and do not have to worry about being logged out of all your websites:
3.4. Accepted an invite to an existing ScreenCloud account but unable to see data while logged in
This type of issue can occur based on two common scenarios while accepting invites using the People, Groups, and Spaces feature:
i) Group permissions: when you're invited to an existing ScreenCloud record, an owner or administrator has the ability to assign users into specific Groups. If the user invited has been set up with restrictive group permission, they will be unable to view specific data or perform certain actions in the account. Please refer here for more information in case an invited user requires their Group permissions to be changed.
ii) Created a free trial instead of accepting an account invite: when you're invited to an existing ScreenCloud account, you're greeted with an email in your inbox that enables you to set up your login credentials for the account. If you have not used the invite email and have opted to sign up directly at https://screencloud.com, or alternatively may have had trouble using the email invite, then a new ScreenCloud account is created with your email address. For example:
Sample of user-invite email and access setup:
Example of signing up for a fourteen-day free trial:
The account created is then prompted into a fourteen-day free trial and separate organization from the existing account you're trying to get access to. In order to resolve this, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- The email address which a ScreenCloud account invite was sent to
- Confirmation of deleting the accidental account created
- Re-verify the email address or name of the organization ScreenCloud account you're trying to access
3.5. Trying to sign into my ScreenCloud account and am being re-directed to sign up for an account
This issue can occur if you're not an existing member of ScreenCloud Studio (https://studio.screencloud.com) which is the updated platform as of 2019. It's likely if you've used a prior ScreenCloud Signage (Old Platform - 2015) account that these credentials will not work while trying to sign into ScreenCloud Studio.
The platforms are entirely separate, you can learn more about this by visiting our ScreenCloud Studio and Signage comparison guide here. It's required that you create a brand new account to use the updated service. If you're able to verify that you've created a ScreenCloud Studio account, please reach out to our team via email to verify your account email address and share a screenshot/video of the issue you're having while attempting to sign in.
We encourage you to reach out to email@example.com if you're receiving any error messages or if you come across any challenges while accessing your account. Please verify your email address and provide a screen share/video of the login issue you're experiencing. We will be able to determine the status of your account and how you signed up for ScreenCloud if you're unsure to help verify your account.
If you have any additional questions on managing your ScreenCloud password or troubleshooting login issues, or any other questions or feedback about ScreenCloud, feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at our toll-free support line at +18885575335.